Senior Frontend Engineer
Intro to Circuit
Circuit is on a path to completely rebuilding the delivery experience, an area that hasn't seen any significant change in decades.
Gone will be the days when you needed to wait in all day to receive a package, when you had to wait for 3 failed attempts to be able to pick it up from the depot, or when you were forced to stay in to sign for something you consider unimportant.
Already powering 200M deliveries per year, and rapidly scaling to 1B and beyond, this is an opportunity to join a fast-growing company set to influence the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
What we’re looking for:
An experienced engineer with excellent teamwork and communication abilities, as well as a great eye for product.
A successful candidate would have significant prior experience working at a product-focused company. Bonus points for building and maintaining your own side projects, both actively or previously, in any language.
A professional living in timezones between UTC-4 and UTC+4.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a front-end engineer
- 3+ years of React
- Writing automated tests
- Developing Circuit for Teams in React
- Developing internal dashboard and growth tools
- Circuit is built on top of the Firebase and Google Cloud Platform.
- Our web apps use React, TypeScript, React Testing Library, Cypress, Styled Components, Tailwind. We are always looking to evolve the front-end dependencies.
- We use GitHub and Linear to get things organised and built.
How we work:
- We encourage teammates to bring in well-reasoned opinions, productively disagree with us, and to make decisions based on technical merits.
- We’re obsessed with continuous improvement, and we’re not afraid to scrap work if we figure out a better way to do things.
What we’re offering:
- £70k (~US$93k) salary + equity.
- The ability to work flexibly.
- Swift decision making and flat hierarchies.
- A high degree of autonomy in your work.
- React Testing Library
- Styled Components
- Good written and oral communication in English
- Ability to collaborate synchronously and asynchronously
- Initiative and follow-through to take tickets and epics all the way to production, including getting help from teammates whenever needed