Circuit is on a path to completely rebuilding the delivery experience, an area that hasn't seen any significant change in decades.
Gone will be the days when you needed to wait in all day to receive a package, when you had to wait for 3 failed attempts to be able to pick it up from the depot, or when you were forced to stay in to sign for something you consider unimportant.
Already powering 200M deliveries per year, and rapidly scaling to 1B and beyond, this is an opportunity to join a fast-growing company set to influence the lives of hundreds of millions of people.
We’re a product-led company, and see engineering primarily as a tool to build and enabling the building of exceptional products. We love engineers who build stuff!
As VP Engineering, you will be responsible for all strategy and execution of technology at Circuit. You’ll have a sharp product mind yourself, and will use it to lead engineers to leverage technology specifically to build great products.
- Attract, lead and retain a diverse, inclusive, and fully distributed engineering team that can deliver high quality, reliable software, quickly.
- Set up a sustainable, ongoing engineering hiring funnel.
- Ensure technical and career growth opportunities for engineers.
- Push engineers to think about the product they're building from our customer's perspective.
- Troubleshoot personnel issues to ensure resolution inline with our values.
- Help plan and facilitate training and professional development activities.
- Guide the engineering team in decision-making concerning infrastructure, architecture, security, and scalability.
- Develop and embed a clear framework for productivity and velocity in order to ensure we’re scaling effectively.
- Maintain and scale the existing technologies, plan and execute transitions as we outgrow our existing stack.
- Ensure security standards and best practices are met.
- Review and optimize software development processes to ensure consistent and predictable delivery.
- Ensure proper performance monitoring of our tools and platforms.
- Create an engineering culture that encourages engineers to proactively contribute to user success, outside of the tasks specifically assigned to them.
- 8+ years of experience as a technology leader, managing cross-functional technology resources in a geo-distributed environment.
- Previous experience at a product-led company.
- Previously built and scaled engineers teams from ~10 -> ~50 engineers.
- Architected complex platforms and developed technology roadmaps,
- Designed, implemented, and optimized processes for development, QA, security, and IT.
- Experience running a 24×7 high-availability platform.
- Experience with public speaking a positive.
- $140k - $210k (USD) PA + equity
- Flexible, remote working environment